Gathering the funds for purchasing a home can include many hoops to jump through. This is especially true for vacation homes and rental properties. If your goal is to buy a house in beautiful Park City, Utah, expect higher price tags on real estate! The area is gorgeous, safe, has amazing views, provides many amenities, has great schools – making Park City a highly desired area.
Here are ten New Year’s Resolutions to make for the coming year that will get you little closer to buying your own chunk of heaven in Park City Utah.
- Know Your Financial State At All Times. You should always be following your financial situation to keep from any nasty surprises derailing your plans. Use a credit monitoring service and download an app that keeps track of your accounts and bills.
- Begin Cutting Bloat. To you really need that membership that you only use once every three months? How about that third car? Or your time share? Or your subscription to Blue Apron? Cutting bloat to your monthly expenses can make your savings account swell.
- Consider Opening an Online Account. An online savings account can be a great way to save money if you have trouble not touching your cash when you put it away. It has additional hoops to using it as you have to transfer the money back to your main account. That might keep you from impulse buying.
- Keep a Strict Budget. A healthy budget is a must for anyone of any financial situation. Put together a list of bills and monthly costs and put them into a budgeting dashboard like You Need a Budget or Mint. To monitor combined finances try Splitwise.
- Start Looking Early. If you know what real estate you are aiming for you will be better equipped to prepare for the purchase. Start looking into the area to get an idea of costs early on and use that to plan.
- Improve Your Credit. Good credit is nice but great credit is better. It is never too late to start improving that score. Get a credit card or two and keep the balance low but used. Pay all of your bills on time. Take care of any debts you might have pending.
- Don’t Waste Your Windfalls. Have a tax return coming in? Did uncle Morty leave you a few thousand dollarsnin his will? Don’t spend it! That is money that you didn’t have before so just put it away in savings.
- Automatically Deduct Savings Monthly. Set up an automatic deduction of at least 10% of your take home pay every month to go to your savings account.
- Consider a 20% Down Payment. If you put 20% down on a house you can avoid the paying mortgage insurance. It will save you thousands!
- Consider Your House An Investment. Putting a lot into your 401k or other retirement plans? Cut back for a time and put it into your house fund instead. Good real estate is an investment that can take you far in your retirement.
For more tips on purchasing real estate visit Jensen and Company.