Park City is home to the 2015 Sundance Film Festival, which is scheduled to run January 22 to February 1. If you’re planning to attend, or thinking about attending, there’s so much more to do in the winter in Park City. When you’re not at festival film showings, award ceremonies, and performances or networking events, you’ll want to see what lese the city has to offer.
5 Things to Do During the Winter in Park City
Of course, Park City is known as a ski resort town. There are three local world class ski resorts:
- Deer Valley Resort
- The Canyons Resort
- Park City Mountain Resort
Yet, there are numerous other winter activities in Park City Utah for you to enjoy. Whether you’re here for the 2015 Sundance Film Festival, enjoying a winter vacation or looking for ways to enjoy your new hometown, there’s always something to do. Here is a list of five:
- Zipline Adventures –If the idea of flying at great speeds over a canyon excites you, then this is the Park City winter activity for you to try. You’ll breeze from Red Pine Lodge to Lookout Peak, while suspended in the air by a zipline. This distance of over 2,100 feet is just enough to get your adrenaline pumping for the “flight” back to the other side.
- Saloon & Distillery Sipping–Enjoyed your share of wine tastings over the years. Well, take a tour while eat and taste testing at the High West Distillery & Saloon. It boasts as the first legal distillery in Utah since 1870. This saloon also claims to be the only gastro-distillery in the world. You’ll find it downtown Park City, near the Town Lift and the Quittin’ Time Trail. During the tour, you’ll catch glimpses of the copper pot still, 250-gallons strong, and enjoy a shot of freshly made whisky, as well as dinner. And, yes, there is a kids menu.
- All You Can Eat Seafood Buffet – Want a taste of legendary Park City seafood cuisine? Then, you’ve got to visit the Deer Valley Seafood Buffet, which offers just about any and all things seafood. And, for visitors who don’t do seafood, there’s a fair share of landlubber cuisine to chow down on as well. Some of the buffet stations include fresh salads, raw and smoked fish, baby back ribs, bouillabaisse, duck, prime rib, numerous hot entrees, breads, desserts and more.
- The Egyptian Theater –This is the perfect Park City winter activity to enjoy after a busy day at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival. What better way to end the day than with live shows and visual festivals performed by comedians, hypnotists, retro acts and world renowned performers? This interior of this historic theater was inspired by King Tut’s Tomb. And, it’s open during the winter.
- Mining History –The mining industry continues to boom in the state of Utah. The Park City Museum is the right place to learn why. This treasure trove of local historical information and artifacts is something you simply shouldn’t miss. And, if you’re a newly established local, it’s the perfect place to learn about the historical culture of your new hometown. It’s a museum that’s both engaging and interactive for visitors. Come enjoy the experience of riding some of the earliest mountain lifts in history. Sit in an electric mining train that provided transportation for skiers back in the day. It traveled, and still travels, right through the old silver mine’s belly. And, be sure not to miss the hoist responsible for dripping old-time miners 1,800 feet below the surface and lifting them back up.