The days our furry friends can’t tag along with us on fun activities are long gone. Park City, Utah is a Fido-friendly community that welcomes you to spoil your pups in numerous ways. Whether you like to dine at top-rated restaurants, hike the open trails or play around at a local park, this pet-loving city has you covered.
If you are new to the area, are exploring for relocation to Park City or you have recently added a furry friend to your family, here are a few great places to visit with Fido.
Top Three Fido-Friendly Restaurants
A meal out in the city is something most of us enjoy frequently, however, it is hard to leave your four-legged best friend behind. With these top three dog-friendly restaurants in Park City, you can have your cake and eat it too with Fido right by your side.
- Adolph’s Restaurant and Bar: With a cozy outdoor patio where the sun shines, your dog can enjoy the warmth right beside you. The staff at this restaurant are sure to care for your pets as they care for you. Bowls of water are provided so your dog can refresh and settle in while you enjoy delicious Swiss and European fare prepared fresh by the Chef Adolph Imboden.
- Silver Star Cafe: Dine al-fresco with your pooch and find yourself delighted with a variety of diverse options on the menu from chicken and waffles to a juicy Elk burger. With pet-friendly seating on the patio, Fido is welcome to enjoy the water in the bowls provided and relax beside your feet.
- 501 on Main: Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air with your furry friend by your side at 501 on Main. Outdoor seating welcomes you and your four-legged buddy to enjoy all this cozy restaurant has to offer. Your pup won’t have to look far for a fresh drink of water and a sweet spot to settle in while you delight your senses with the fresh seasonal dishes prepared just for you.
Although these may be our top picks of dog-friendly restaurants in the Park City area, there are numerous more. Be sure to stop in and treat yourself and Fido to a great day out on the town.
Top Three Pet-Friendly Hiking Trails
After a great meal, the need to walk off those calories may be calling you and your dog’s names. Park City offers a wide variety of pet-friendly hiking trails from leisure hikes to adventurous hikes. A great way to show your dog how much you love them is to give them the exercise and outdoor fun they need. With these Fido-friendly trails, you and your pet are sure to have a blast.
- Run-A-Muk Trail Area: The name of this trail sequence says it all. Give your pup the freedom to run-a-muk and get all the exercise and excitement he or she can handle. There are two miles of trails where Fido can walk with you and the best part awaits: an open dog park with 43 acres to run completely free off of the leash and cohort with other dogs while you watch with a smile on your face.
- Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail: If you are looking for a full day of adventure for you and your dog, look no further than Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail. Boasting 28 miles of trails to explore, you and your best friend will get a great deal of exercise all while enjoying the beautiful scenery. Be sure to bring your leash and plenty of water for this adventure.
- Round Valley Off-Leash Dog Area: Spend a day traveling through 40 miles of off-leash trails at this hike and park dog area. Trails wind through various types of terrain which can be explored by beginners or avid hikers. Let Fido run free in all of nature’s glory and enjoy a nice relaxing rest in one of the many sitting friendly areas along the trails.
With so many dog-friendly hiking trails in the area, it is hard to choose which one to explore. The best idea is to plan your trips according to the rest of your day. Trails await for full days of adventure or just quick snippets of exercise, either way, these trails can accommodate.
Top Three Dog-Friendly Parks
If it is time for Fido to run around, play with other dogs and expend some energy, Park City boasts wonderful dog-friendly parks to explore. Running free off the leash and mingling is highly recommended at these top three pet-friendly parks.
- Willow Creek Park: This enclosed dog-friendly park has a beautiful setting for you to enjoy while your four-legged buddy romps around. If your dog loves to swim, this park has a creek where they can jump off the dock or wade in off the shore. Test their skills on the agility course or watch from afar, either way, with plenty of room to run, you will be delighted to watch your dog be free.
- The Woods at Parley’s Lane: Providing a half an acre for your dog to run free, this is a great place for you to sit back and relax. This park offers exercise activities for Fido as well as an opening to trails where you can extend your play with a hike on the leash.
- Willow Creek Park: With 2.4 acres that are fenced for your pup to run around off the leash and play with other dogs, this is a neighborhood favorite. Travel off on the paths or play fetch in the open areas or take a rest while your pet runs free. Enjoy agility activities with Fido and watch he or she come alive.
Pet-friendly parks are important to Park City’s community. There is a multitude of parks to choose from that boast different benefits for you and your best friend.
As with any activities you partake in with your furry friends, be sure to do your research and follow proper etiquette. Some areas at each park, restaurant or hiking trail will require a leash and some areas will not. Come prepared when visiting these great places so you can keep your dog hydrated and you can clean up after them.
Park City, Utah knows your four-legged friend is part of your family. As a family-friendly community, the city wants to welcome you to bring your furry guy or gal along with you on your adventures. If you are looking for a great place to relocate with your dog, be sure to check this great city out with the help of Jensen and Company.