For families who live in Park City, Utah, during the school year, your children are likely acutely aware that school is starting again soon. When their school starts will depend on which school your children attend.
Schools In Park City, Utah
Children who attend the public Park City School District will have different start dates depending on their grade level. The first days of school are:
Grades 1-12 start August 23
Kindergarten starts August 27
Preschools start September 4 and 5
The schools which these start dates apply to are:
- Trailside Elementary
- Parley’s Park Elementary
- McPolin Elementary
- Jeremy Ranch Elementary
- Ecker Hill Middle School
- Treasure Mountain Junior High
- Park City Learning Academy
- Park City Center For Advanced Professional Studies
- Park City High School
There are also a wide variety of private schools in Park City. If your children attend these schools, they may have a different first day of school than the public school children.
- Park City Day School – August 23
- Picabo Street Academy – Year-round enrollment drop-in
- Little Miners Montessori – August 28
- Soaring Wings International Montessori School – August 27
As your children begin school again, there is a free local skiing program for school-aged children which your younger kids can look forward to participating in.
Free Skiing For Young School-Aged Kids In Park City
Vail Resorts is offering Utah school-aged children who are in kindergarten through fifth grade an exciting opportunity this year. Children in these school groups can receive the Vail Resorts Epic Schoolkids Utah Pack. This pack allows the recipients to enjoy five free days of skiing and riding on Park City’s world-class slopes. To be clear, the benefits of this free program are:
- Five free days of skiing and riding at the various Vail Resorts in Park City.
- One free first-time ski or ride lesson with equipment rental.
- Open to any Utah resident children in kindergarten through fifth grade.
Naturally, there are some restrictions on this program. To learn more about these restrictions, be sure to read about the Epic Schoolkids Utah Pack here.
If you are considering purchasing a home in the Park City area but aren’t sure which area is the best for your needs, contact Jensen and Company. Whether you have a young family and want to know where the most family-friendly areas are or if you are looking for a mountain retreat, Brad Jensen can help you find what you need.