Winter in Park City, Utah, is one of the best times of the year to visit. Thick, sparkling snow calls to winter sports amateurs and experts alike, who come and pack the ski resorts surrounding Park City. For those who have already fallen in love with this charming mountain town, they will be able to skip out on the crowded hotels and go straight to their idyllic winter homes.
Rub Shoulders With Champions On The Slopes
Nothing is quite as inspiring as when you see a truly impressive skier pulling tricks on the slopes that you have only dreamed of performing. This winter you can have the opportunity to hit the mountain runs with Olympic champions. The six Olympic athletes available to ski with as individuals, groups or families are:
- Heidi Voelker – Spent 12 years as a member of the U.S. Ski Team, she holds six top-10 World Cup finishes and has competed in three Winter Olympics.
- Jillian Vogtli – A member of the U.S. Freestyle Ski Team for 13 years, Jillian is also a two-time Olympian.
- Chris Waddell – A World Champion and Paralympic skier, Chris is both a champion on the monoski and wheelchair racer.
- Kaylin Richardson – Two-time Olympian and four-time National Alpine Champion, Kaylin is also a 10-year veteran of the U.S. Ski Team.
- Shannon Bahrke – Winner of the Olympic silver for her mogul skiing, Shannon snagged the medal while skiing on Deer Valley’s slopes during the 2002 Winter Olympics. She also claimed the bronze medal at the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Trace Worthington – Former member of two U.S. Olympic teams (located first in France, then Norway), Trace is a veteran skier who competed in freestyle aerial as well as mogul.
- Kris “Fuzz” Feddersen – Not only a three-time Olympian, Fuzz also coached the 1998 U.S. Winter Olympic Aerial Ski Team. He is recognized as a pioneer of the sport of freestyle skiing.
You can choose to enjoy a half-day with one of the champions at $1,200 or a full-day experience at $2,000.
- Some ski experience required
- Max group capacity is 6 people
- Experience includes access to ski school lane at all chairlifts
- Participants need to be at least 7 years old
- Children age 12 and under need a parent or guardian accompaniment
- Release forms need to be completed before experience
- Lift tickets not included in experience
Other Events in Park City This Winter
Adding even more excitement and drawing more people to Park City this winter is the Visa Freestyle International Ski World Cup. Held January 10-12, this world-class competition has drawn in the top freestyle skiers from around the world.
While the FIS World Cup will take place on the slopes of Deer Valley (also the site of the 2002 Winter Olympics), you can bet these top skiing mavericks will do more than some light skiing over the 3 days of the competition. So if you want to see how you stack up to against some of the top skiers in the world, be sure to hit the slopes around Park City this winter.