Summer in Park City is here. And when the temperature soars, so does the fun. As a true four-season resort area, there is always something to do. Whether you love outdoor adventures or live music, there is something for every family member.
Here is our list of the best things to do this summer!
- Hiking and Biking: Park City is world-renowned for its hiking and biking trails. There are hundreds of miles to explore by foot or bike throughout Park City, all of which have some of the most beautiful views you can imagine. Some trails will take you through hidden meadows and streams, others to the highest peaks to look out across the horizon. So whether you are looking for a simple, easy hike, or something challenging, there is something for everyone of all ages.
- Fishing: Anglers will enjoy fishing in Park City, Utah, with opportunities to catch a big one, whether in the Provo or Weber river or at one of the reservoirs nearby, Echo and Rockport. Fishing can be done while standing on the banks, standing in the water, or in a kayak or boat.
- Horseback Riding: Just like humans of all ages, horses love being outdoors and being part of nature too! Horseback riding experts can help you learn how to work with the animal and teach you how to ride. Once familiar with your selected horse, an expert guide will take you along the trail.
- Up in the Sky in a Hot Air Balloon: What better way to enjoy Park City, Utah than to see it from the highest position possible? From the view of the hot air balloon, you will see the landscape of not only Park City but also Utah. Some natural landmarks to keep an eye out for include Kamas Valley, the Great Salt Lake, Wasatch Mountains, bodies of water (as mentioned above), and many gorgeous mountains and trees! You can also spot the quaintness of the historic main street and Olympic structures from the 2002 Winter Olympics as you ascend into the sky and descend back to the ground.
- The Olympic Park: The Olympic Park, spanning nearly 400 acres, was built to support athletes during the 2002 Winter Olympics. Post Olympics, this structure has a museum dedicated to athletes, complete with information and interactive attractions. Outside, there are more attractions, such as Airbag Jumps, Summer Bobsled Experience, Zip Line Tour, Summer Discovery Course, and more!
- Park City Kimball Arts Festival: Approximately 200 artists are selected via a blind jury and invited to participate. Invited artists come from 28 states and three countries. Live music, tasting tents, and craft beverages round out the fun! August 5-7 on Main Street.
- Mid-Mountain Marathon: This is a true trail runner’s marathon and is the final stage of the Triple Trail Challenge. The course starts at Silver Lake/Deer Valley through Park City Mountain Resort and then winds down through the Utah Olympic Park trail system to finish at the bottom of the Nordic jumps. This marathon embodies the essence of mountain trail running with intermittent technical sections, a few sustained climbs, and fast downhills. Voted best trial marathon in Utah! August 20 at Silver Lake Lodge.
- Roam Rally: Ready to play bikes? Roam is world-renowned for women’s mtb events. All levels of riders are welcome. Demos, group rides, lunch, and socializing. August 21, 2022. The cost is $75. Get more information here:
We know something on this list of fun things to do in Park City has sparked excitement in you. So whether you have the time, do everything on this list once… twice… or have a few activities you would like to start with and see where the rest of the month takes you. These activities celebrate what makes Park City, Utah, so special and unique.
The beautiful landscape of soaring mountain tops, crisp mountain morning air, and the twinkling stars of the night sky are just some of the beauty of Park City’s nature. If you’re looking to buy (or sell) a home in Park City, Utah to enjoy everything it has to offer, contact Jensen and Company to see how we can help you enjoy every season as a homeowner!