There are a long list of amazing qualities to appreciate about Park City’s community. But perhaps no reason is more often touted as a reason to live in the area than the town’s local public schools. High quality education, plenty of extra curricular activities, and a social environment where your students can thrive are what you can expect in the Park City school system.
Of course, you have to get your student to school every day. That is where the city-run transportation network comes in. You can put your child on the bus to school every morning secure in knowing they are safe and well cared for. You just need to follow some simple rules to make sure everything runs smoothly for everyone.
Your Responsibility as a Parent
There are some things you should know about the bus system for schools in Park City, which runs a little differently than you may be used to. First and foremost, your child will have to have a bus pass to ride the school bus.
All passes are free, and are a safety precaution to help keep your student safe. It is attached to their school record. Every morning they will run their bus pass so the driver knows who is on their bus, and who is not accounted for. This information is given to the school and checked against attendance, so the school can contact you and double check that they are absent, and not missing.
As a parent/guardian, you should also know that it is your responsibility to:
- Make sure your student arrives on time for the daily bus pick up.
- Make sure your student knows what bus is the right one to take home.
- Make sure the student has their bus pass every day.
- Make sure your student is properly dressed for the weather conditions of the day.
- Make sure you walk your student to the bus stop and remain with them until they are on the bus if they a) are in preschool, kindergarten, or first grade, or b) live a distance from the designated stop.
- Make sure that you are there to pick up your student at the bus stop if they meet up the conditions above.
- Make sure your student understands the safety requirements of riding a bus.
- Make sure you understand your liability for your child’s behavior while on the bus.
Finding Your Student’s Bus Route Information
For the protection of students, there is no publically available list of school bus routes published. However, you can find the nearest available bus stops for your local school by contacting the Transportation Department at 435-645-5660.
To learn more about the beautiful town of Park City, visit Jensen and Company.