Being in the real estate business, we have had many people come to us looking for help selling their house after they have made the attempt to go the process on their own. The ensuing mess isn’t pretty, which isn’t surprising. Selling a home is incredibly complicated and there are many factors that can make it a stressful, confusing process.
If you are considering selling your house, you can save a lot of headaches (and a lot of money) by going to a realtor from the beginning and giving them your listing. Here are ten reasons to hire a realtor to sell your home for you.
- They can let you know about necessary or beneficial upgrades to your home.
- They know the loopholes, tax breaks and selling tricks to make you more money.
- They can help you set the right price based off of your home’s current value.
- They know the market at any given time, which customizes your sales plan.
- They are prepared to market your listing and get the maximum visibility for your home.
- They are operating without sentimental rose-colored glasses.
- They know the scams and can protect you and your investment.
- They can keep you from making paperwork mistakes.
- They can help advise you on the process of buying a new home with the proceeds.
- They can negotiate based off of the results of your inspection.
Isn’t a Realtor Expensive?
A realtor will take a percentage of the selling cost based off of commission. Working with Jensen and Company, you can expect a 6% commission rate.
Ultimately, realtors will save you a lot of time and money. They can let you know about warranties. They market to a broad audience so that your real estate is shown to as many potential buyers as possible. Plus, their experience in the local market and knowledge of current trends and listings give the seller a huge leg up on the competition. They can help you to increase the market value and appeal of your house before putting up the official listing.
Finally, there are the mistakes. Filling out the paperwork, dealing with the bank, finding an inspector, making upgrades and renovations, dealing with scammers, accepting bids…all of these can lead to costly errors on the part of non-professionals. Having a realtor there to deal with it for you minimizes those risks.
Find out more at Jensen and Company.