A vacation home is often the realization of a dream. To make sure that dream stays as perfect as you always imagined, there are four things you need to consider before purchasing your ideal vacation home.
1. Spend Time At Your Ideal Vacation Home Location
One of the first steps in the vacation home buying process is to spend some quality time in your ideal location. Try to make a few visits of varying lengths and during different seasons so you can gain a feel for the area, what you love about it, and what may potentially be a problem.
2. Work With An Expert When Buying A Property Far From You
Finding the right vacation property is much different than shopping local real estate. When you aren’t able to visit a new listing at the drop of a hat, you must rely on a trusted local realtor to evaluate the property for you. With the help of an expert realtor like Brad Jensen, you can view properties, learn about different local neighborhood, and receive fast advice on available properties.
3. Keep Practical Considerations In Mind
As you consider the purchase of your vacation home, the mortgage is just one of the costs which will be associated with your property. Other practical consideration you will want to keep in mind before you commit are:
- What is the property tax in the area your potential vacation home is located?
- Will you have someone checking on your property on a regular basis?
- Who will you work with to prepare the home prior to your vacations there?
- Are there any improvements you want to be made while you aren’t in residence?
4. Determine If It Will Double As A Rental
When you begin to factor the cost of buying and maintaining a vacation home, you may want to consider whether or not your property will double as a rental for extra income. If so, finding a great rental property management company to care for your home is essential. That way, you don’t have to worry about how your property is doing.
We have helped many people find their perfect vacation home here in our lovely mountain town of Park City. If you are interested in learning more about Park City real estate prospects, feel free to contact us. We look forward to helping you find your ideal getaway spot.