When someone mentions Park City, Utah, we immediately think of pristine, snow-covered slopes; people enjoying coffee or drinks in a cozy lodge set against a frozen backdrop; white-tipped mountains and crisp, winter air. But Park City isn’t just a winter getaway – the resort town offers something for everyone during spring break as well. Whether you are a young adult, a family or an empty nester, read on for a list of top 10 things you can do in Park City during spring break.
- Spring skiing – March and April boast some of the best ski moments in Park City. The sun is out while winter storms have provided the ski trails with plenty of powder. The longer days give you extended time on the mountain. Remember to bring your sunglasses and lather on the sunscreen!
- Apres-ski Events – World-class apres skiing at the lounges and bars awaits you right by the slopes. After a day on the runs, enjoy drinks and fish tacos at the Legends Bar and Grill at the Park City Mountain Resort. The Snow Park Lodge at the Deer Valley Resort boasts live entertainment on the weekends in addition to a variety of cuisines.
- Main Street – A little further down the mountain, you will find more than 100 restaurants and almost 20 bars. Choose from Asian, French, Mediterranean, Mexican and all kinds of flavors in between, including all-American burgers.
- Food-related activities – For something really unique, try a local cooking class to experience the full flavor of Park City. Or you might opt to take in a wide variety of foods via a Park City Food Tour.
- Museums and galleries – For one of the top-rated museums with a historical perspective of the city, visit the Park City Museum. You will hear how the city transformed from a mining town into a world-renowned ski resort.
- Utah Olympic Park – Park City, home to the 2002 Winter Olympics, now serves as training site for top-performing athletes. Guests might watch world-famous athletes as they train, try their hand at bobsledding, learn how to luge or ride a skeleton or visit the two onsite museums. Even better, there’s no charge to visit the Park
- Park City Free Spring Apres Concert Series – During the 2016 season, enjoy free, live spring concerts every Saturday until April 9 at three venues across the area. The venues include the Canyons Village Stage, the Payday Deck Stage at Legacy Lodge and Park City Base Area’s First Time Chairlift Base. Some weekends include Friday and Sunday concerts as well. Whether your prefer rock, blues, reggae or global music, you can find something to suit your liking.
- Easter egg hunts – Deer Valley, Park City Resort, and Canyons Base Villages host Easter egg hunts for adventurers of all ages.
- Egyptian Theatre – Enjoy live performances of all types, such as adult and youth theatre, dance, concerts, film and comedy.
- Guardsman Pass Scenic Backway – Enjoy a meandering drive with beautiful scenic views, no matter the time of year. Be prepared for traffic to slow down your journey.
If you are interested in becoming more familiar with Park City please call Jensen and Company at (435)901-8333 for information on local real estate.